Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Adieu dear Rochas

Rochas, a renowned name in fashion from the French capital of Paris bid adieu to the fashion world after its parent company Procter and Gamble decided to close down the fashion house last July. Designer Olivier Theysken, the man who is responsible for reviving the age-old fashion house to its current image as one of fashionistas' sought after brand thanks to his innovative and feminine designs has officially joined another French fashion house Nina Ricci as its Creative Director.

I'm totally excited about it. I'm very happy about it. It's an honour," Theyskens told WWD today. "I would like to see it become a symbol of beauty, of femininity and grace. I want to make it a brand with true values, an iconic brand. And I want to have a lot of girls fall in love with it!"

With Theysken's involvement in Nina Ricci, it means the French fashion house will set for more new international flagship stores and product categories.

"I sometimes have the feeling of opening a new opus in life," he laughed. "For quite a while, I had a feeling there were quite a few values in this brand which are common to me, too. We are speaking about a symbol of refinement, grace and femininity and also an idea of freedom. These are a few very inspiring things."

Olivier Theysken will unveil his debut Fall/Winter 2007/08 collection for Nina Ricci this March.

0 fashionistas wrote ...: